The AIDS 2022 Volunteer Programme application form will be available on this page from March 2022. Save the date and join us for this great opportunity.
AIDS 2022 will invite about 600 volunteers to take part in the Volunteer Programme for the in-person component of the conference in Montreal, Canada, from 29 July to 2 August 2022, with pre-conference meetings beginning on 27 July 2022.
If you are interested in knowing more about HIV- and AIDS-related issues, sharing experiences and being inspired by people from different backgrounds, gaining international experience or simply enjoy lending a helping hand, please apply. The success of AIDS 2022 will depend heavily on you.
Volunteers help coordinate programme activities, greet visiting delegates, assist with registration, act as guides during the conference, staff various offices and activities, and perform other crucial tasks.
Training and support from the AIDS 2022 Volunteer Programme team will be provided before the start of the event.
In recognition of the time and effort they dedicate to the AIDS 2022 Volunteer Programme, volunteers will receive:
- Free in-person access to conference sessions when not on duty
- Lunch each working day
- A certificate of appreciation
- A free one-year IAS Membership
To apply, volunteers must be 18 years old or older and available for at least four half-day shifts on four consecutive days during the conference period, as well as for the mandatory kick-off meeting which will take place before the start of the pre-conference meetings.
Applicants will be asked to detail their availability and activity preferences when filling in the AIDS 2022 Volunteer Programme application form:
- Applicants with the maximum time available during the conference period will be prioritized.
- The information on the form will help the AIDS 2022 Volunteer Programme team schedule volunteers in the roles they are most interested in and where their skills will be used most effectively, but we cannot guarantee that we can accommodate your preference.
If selected, volunteer applicants will receive a proposal and be invited to confirm the schedule and activity proposed.
Applications via email are not accepted.
Contact and questions
If you have any questions, please contact the AIDS 2022 Volunteer Programme team at [email protected].