Media registration is free for qualified individuals who are attending AIDS 2022, the 24th International AIDS Conference, in their capacity as journalists, photographers, videographers or community educators.
Media eligibility guidelines
IAS – the International AIDS Society – will consider media access to AIDS 2022 for media delegates. Please note that the IAS cannot accept applications for media credentials from representatives of media outlets that are not directly involved in journalism.
Journalists, photographers, videographers and community educators who are either employees of or on assignment for a recognized print, radio, broadcast or online consumer or medical, community-based or AIDS service organization (ASO)-sponsored media outlet are eligible to apply for free media registration.
Please note that for the purpose of media accreditation, the term, “community educator”, refers to anyone doing journalism for ASOs or other community-based media outlets.
How to register
To register as a media delegate, you must be at least 18 years old and follow these steps:
- Register through your conference account
- Provide these mandatory supporting documents:
Journalists, photographers, videographers or community educators must upload these documents during registration:
- Proof of employment or assignment by a qualifying media organization (for example, a copy of your publication masthead or letter of assignment from the assigning editor)
- Two recent bylined or otherwise credited articles or radio, TV or video pieces that demonstrate your capacity to report on the types of issues to be presented at the conference. Please note: MS Word documents will not be accepted. We require copies of the original published article or the complete URL for articles published online.
- A copy of your press card. If you do not have a press card, your editor must state this clearly in the letter of assignment (see point 1).
The IAS will process your media registration only when we have received your fully completed registration form and verified the requested supporting documents. We may request additional credentials before approving your accreditation. Please allow a minimum of 14 days for processing to receive confirmation of your registration.
Virtual accessibility support
To support the virtual attendance of media from resource-limited settings, media can apply for accessibility support in the form of mobile phone data, SIM cards and/or devices. The IAS will email further information to applicable media following successful media accreditation.