The Palais des Congrès is accessible to anyone with reduced mobility. The venue has received the highest-level rating – fully accessible – by Kéroul, which leads in promoting and developing accessible tourism and culture. Amenities at the Palais des Congrès include access ramps, lifts, TDD phone signage, electric washroom doors, and visual and audible emergency warning signals.
The IAS is committed to accommodating the needs of individuals with disabilities by providing the following services at AIDS 2022:
- A dedicated information and registration desk for assistance with accessibility
- Free registration for personal assistance (upon request and approval of required documentation)
- Wheelchairs (upon request)
- Live translation of speech into text (CART, or real-time captioning) for selected key sessions
- Stage lifts for speakers (upon request)
- Disability networking zone (DNZ) in the Global Village